NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: For the Love of Natural - Rate & Review Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Burt's Bees, Inc. (“Sponsor”), BazaarVoice Inc., HelloWorld, Inc. (“Administrator”), and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliate companies and advertising and promotion agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members, whether or not related, of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Burt's Bees, Inc., 1221 Broadway, Oakland, CA, 94612. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on August 15, 2015 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on October 15, 2015 at 11:59 a.m. PT (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, there are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
To opt-out: If you have earned a Sweepstakes entry by reviewing one of Sponsor's products but do not wish to participate in the Sweepstakes, you may opt-out by mailing your name, address and email address, with proper postage, to "For the Love of Natural - Rate & Review Sweepstakes – OPT OUT," c/o HelloWorld, Inc., PO Box 5046 Department, 820969, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5046 and you will be removed from the Sweepstakes.
b. Free Method of Entry: To enter without making a purchase, hand print your name, address, day and evening phone numbers, email address, and date of birth on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to "For the Love of Natural - Rate & Review Sweepstakes," c/o HelloWorld, Inc., PO Box 5046 Department, 820969, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5046. You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: One (1) entry per envelope. All mail-in entries must be handwritten and must be postmarked by October 15, 2015 and received by October 22, 2015. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
Limit: You may enter one (1) time per day during the Promotion Period, regardless of your method of entry. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Grand Prize Drawing: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential winner from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around October 26, 2015. The potential winner will be notified by email and will be required to verify his/her email address and provide their full name, age, and mailing address (no P.O. Boxes) for prize fulfillment purposes within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to provide any other requested information, within the required time period, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
6. Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: $500 credit to be used towards the purchase of Burt's Bees® products. Winner will be provided with the contact information of a Burt Bee's representative who will work directly with winner to place product orders upon the request of the winner. Winner will have one (1) year to redeem the entire prize, or the prize or the remaining balance will be forfeited. Approximate Retail Value: $500.
Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
7. Release: By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, BazaarVoice Inc., HelloWorld, Inc., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of the prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for advertising, promotional and other purposes in any media and all, now known or hereafter devised, in any manner, worldwide in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration, notification or permission.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein or to award the prize as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys’ fees) and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software, or lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) other errors or problems of any kind relating to or in connection with Sweepstakes, whether computer, network, technical, mechanical, typographical, printing, human or otherwise, including, but not limited to, errors or problems which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, garbled, delayed, misdirected or stolen mail or entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of the prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, and in no event will entrant be permitted to obtain attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Winners List: For a winners list, visit bit.ly/1SLkipy. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2015 HellowWorld, Inc. All rights reserved.