Blueberry Almond Protein MuffinsThis post was written by Rachel from The Chic Site on behalf of Burt's Bees. All thought and opinions are those of the author.
As a mom, I’m always trying to dream up treats for my kids that aren’t junk food. Growing up, “dessert” for me looked like ice cream, candy, etc. I totally believe there is a time and a place for those treats but I want to redefine what dessert is for my kids, and I want to be able to control what goes into it.
Muffins are a huge hit at our house and I like them because I can add in additional nutrition with fresh seasonal fruit, flax and chia seeds or protein powder. Burt’s Bees™ recently launched Burt’s Bees Protein with three unique blends – Daily Protein, Protein + Healthy Radiance and Protein + Gut Health. They offer a great vanilla flavored protein powder that makes an awesome addition to my Blueberry Almond Protein Muffins. Try them out for breakfast for yourself or as a great little treat for the kiddos!
Let’s start by creaming together the butter and sugar. Then add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla and milk until well combined.
Then sift or whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt and the Burt’s Bees Protein + Healthy Radiance - Vanilla.
Add the dry ingredients into the wet, and stir by hand using a rubber spatula until just combined. You don’t want to overmix the batter at this point. Add the blueberries and carefully fold in.
Using a medium ice cream scoop, portion out the batter among a muffin tin lined with paper liners. Top each with a few sliced almonds.
Bake the muffins until the center is set and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack before serving.
Serve these for a delicious breakfast in the morning as a pick-me-up on your way to school or work. They’re great to have on hand for the week.
Make these Blueberry Almond Protein Muffins in the morning for a great breakfast first thing. They're made using Burt's Bees Protein + Healthy Radiance!
Blueberry Almond Protein Muffins Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min
• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup Burt's Bees Protein + Healthy Radiance – Vanilla
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup milk
• 2 cups fresh blueberries
• 1/2 cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners, set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, sift or whisk together the flour, protein powder, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract and milk. Fold in the dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix. Add the blueberries and fold in as well. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin pan using a medium ice cream scoop.
4. Top the muffins with almonds and bake until set, golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack before eating.