Protein Fudge BrowniesThis post was written by Carrian from Oh, Sweet Basil on behalf of Burt's Bees. All thought and opinions are those of the author.
Protein fudge brownies? They are and you'd never know! Protein powder, coconut oil, less flour makes for gooey-er brownies!
This recipe is 100% for all of you out there that are working so hard to make certain fitness goals. I'm still playing catch up from battling Hyperemesis last year which means that I've got weight to gain back (who says that after a pregnancy?) and a whole lot of muscle to bring back as so much atrophied from being so ill. So I'm trying to do that and others are trying to lose weight or firm things up a bit so these brownies are for you, and me.
New Burt's Bees™ Protein Shakes work perfectly in this recipe. I used Burt’s Bees Protein + Healthy Radiance - Chocolate and it's really silky without any grit to it, and blended just like flour would.
Protein Fudge Brownies Recipe
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 40 min
Total Time: 45 min
Serves: 9 pieces
• 1/4 cup Burt’s Bees Protein + Healthy Radiance - Chocolate
• 3/4 cup cocoa powder
• 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour
• 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 pinch of salt
• 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons coconut oil
• 1 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 3 large eggs
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
• Powdered sugar for garnish, if desired.
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F and line an 8" baking dish with parchment. Spray the parchment paper with nonstick spray.
2. In a bowl, sift the protein powder, cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a standing mixer with a whisk attachment, add the coconut oil and sugars. Beat for one minute. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix again until just smooth.
4. Pat the batter into the baking dish and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven to cool. Serve with powdered sugar if desired.
Start out by sifting your dry ingredients and beating together the coconut oil and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla then finally the dry ingredients and you've got yourself brownie batter in 5 minutes flat. Bake them up for 40 minutes at a lower temperature so there's time to cook through the protein powder and then serve warm or allow to cool for easier slicing!
We know that nature is incredibly resilient and we want that same strength and flexibility in our own lives. That’s why we use products that have some of nature’s most powerful ingredients to support our nutritional needs. Burt’s Bees Daily Protein was crafted with the right mix of plant-based protein and vitamins from real fruits and vegetables to give us a nutritional boost. Protein + Healthy Radiance is enhanced with whole fruits and vegetables and antioxidant Vitamins A, C and E for a healthy glow. And Protein + Gut Health is enhanced with whole fruits and vegetables, prebiotics and GanedenBC30® probiotics to help encourage healthy bacteria in your gut to support digestive health. Pretty cool, right? And we can stuff any of these formulas into protein fudge brownies!