Ingredients From Nature
Each of our products is consciously crafted with ingredients from nature to nourish and revitalize your skin.
- We select nutrient-rich ingredients to help support a strong and healthy skin barrier
- We strive for 100% natural origin formulas, and all of our products are over 95% natural origin
- We formulate without phthalates, parabens, petrolatum, sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) and other chemicals of concern
Understanding Natural Origin
No Animal Testing
A true love and appreciation for animals (especially bees) runs deep in our organization.
Our products are Leaping Bunny Certified, which means we do not test our formulas on animals or ask anyone to do so on our behalf.
We’re committed to supporting the communities and environments where we source our ingredients.
- We’ve completed nearly 70 site visits to date to trace and monitor our key raw materials
- We invest globally in communities that support our supply chain, helping to safeguard access to clean water, support women’s and children’s empowerment, and promote health, safety and biodiversity
- We proudly participate in the Global Shea Alliance, Natural Resources Stewardship Council, Sedex and AIM-Progress
Our packaging is recyclable curbside or through TerraCycle. With your help, we can close the loop to ensure it doesn’t end up in landfills or oceans.
We avoid over-packaging, limit mixed materials and use innovative recycled materials whenever possible
These towelettes are made from repurposed cotton and the package has no plastic closure—just a label sticker
There is an average of 52% post-consumer recycled (PCR) content in our plastics.
Our makeup compacts are made with 75% post-consumer recycled plastic
We choose high-integrity materials available in high post-consumer recycled material content like aluminum, steel, paper, glass, and plastics that are more readily recyclable (like PETE, HDPE, and polypropylene).
Our lip balms come in recyclable polypropylene tubes with 50% post-consumer recycled plastic
We make thoughtful choices to reduce our impact on nature and work to protect biodiversity, which preserves our own place in the world.
- We have landfill-free operations
- We are CarbonNeutral® certified
- We offset our annual water consumption through watershed restoration projects
- The Burt’s Bees Foundation supports honeybee health and biodiversity, and to date we’ve given $3.5 million in grants
- Our employees put in more than 2500 volunteer hours annually to support our community partners
FROM THE BEGINNING
As you can see, we’re nature-obsessed. But that’s nothing new.